Sunday 9 December 2007

Hacking on bug-triage

A lot has happened after the Summer of Code has ended, and I haven't been able to work on bug-triage after that, in part due to "Real Life", in part due to laziness. Anyway, I've finally got some time to work a bit on it today. First, I've taken care of Debian's 452918, where the reporter said that using "pending" on bug status meaning open might cause confusion with the pending tag. Actually, pending is the word used internally by debbugs to mean open bugs, and its also what is returned by the debbugs' SOAP interface (bugs tagged pending get the status pending-fixed instead). Anyway, I've just mapped the internal/SOAP debbugs status to the ones used by pkgreport.cgi, that should avoid misunderstandings. While at it, I also took some time to add a feature I've missed while using bug-triage myself: When browsing upstream bugs in search of a match for a Debian bug, it's necessary to read the upstream bug log; now double-clicking on a upstream bug on bug-triage will open it's log on a browser (the same way that selecting a Debian bug and clicking "Go to" in the toolbar works). It's only small changes by now, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to dedicate myself much more to this in the (near) future, but I'll try my best.

No comments: